Subscribe Now:Sell Yr Soul

3.16.2010

Bttrrrrr'scotch Palace at the Village


Brother Dolphin
Hot Pink Guillotine
PTA
D.B.H.
boys
Hot Fighter #1
Su(pe)rprise

Wednesday 2007
Bear's Place
Bloomington, IN
Recorded by Ben Myers



Good morning. Finally I will start uploading files and setting them out neatly for you to enjoy or perhaps experience something a little different. Most of what will be posted includes live shows I've either taken part in or attended, recorded on an Olympus DS-50 stereo voice recorder. Many of the recordings are plagued with digital clipping, and I apologize to posterity for my lack of motivation in actually fixing this problem. I have, however, solved it and with the help of Mike Notaro constructed a device to reduce/remove clipping. It broke. I'm off subject of this first post.

This story begins a week or maybe a couple before the event occurred. Nick D and I were outside Kirkwood Manor one summer day and with great ease talked Dan C into letting us set up a show at Bear's (this was while Dan had weekly Weds shows there) on an upcoming Weds when there was as of yet no scheduled show. We decided to perform as a trio, Nick and I playing accordion and Elsa T-C would sing. We also composed a collage over which we would perform. In addition to "Hot Pink Guillotine" the show included Brother Dolphin, PTA, (D.B.H.), boys, Hot Fighter #1 and intended "supergroup" Stuttering Youth. Brother Dolphin played a few songs...I may have missed a few beginnings of sets, PTA played a surprisingly mellow set on bass guitar, Doting Butter House made a few giggle or belch then did their free-jazz-in-a-tire-rolled-down-a-hill that comprised the 2007 summer. Boys was a project Kray and I conceived to involve all the boys in the room in a public display of playfulness--however annoying, crass or naive. I composed a sound collage to accompany with appropriate boyish samples...perhaps entirely from Clark/Korine's Kids. Hot Fighter #1 shook the rafters and then because neither Paris nor Travis had shown face (maybe they weren't even formally invited), SY cancelled and instead a group emerged with Nick on vocals, Kray on...bass?, myself on...guitar? and Keith (playing in dbh that night) face-to-face with Razzleberry on drumsets. There may have been another guitarist, Becky or Elsa somewhere in the mix. After the end of the night all I can remember is Nick with his pants around his ankles, fallen down and screaming incoherently. And some amazing drum teamwork. I might still have a flier somewhere, but not on my computer currently.

No comments: