Subscribe Now:Sell Yr Soul

8.14.2010

Clean Socks



*Ben Myers
*Kray Korvella
*Paula Tonsor
*Julia Lynch
*Michael Hodges (tr. 1)

August 21, 2007
215 N. Walnut
Bloomington, IN
Recorded by Ben Myers


Stream/Download


So we decided to play on the street one night, right on N. Walnut in the middle of the Vid/Bluebird area.  We sat on the ledge that was at the time vacant but is now the window for Brothers.  Julia sat on the sidewalk and rubbed her boots against the sidewalk, suffering intermittent coughing fits which came to be somehow then became contagious. The mbira and guitar were traded around, with Michael T. Hodges on guitar and who remembers what Kray or I were doing. I think I played mbira, so Kray was probably trying to score beer.  Or perhaps he played and I watched.  Paula didn't give up her saw much in those days (or ever?) and I have yet to see Julia play a traditional instrument.  This is some odd stuff.  I can't say what it reminds me of because it just reminds me of that summer and that evening.  I edited out most of the dialogue, but we sat on the ledge for a couple hours playing and received just about every type of comment you could expect or not expect.  I guess more often we were ignored.  You can do the same, or you can try it.  Your call.

No comments: